7 sprays every girl needs in her beauty kit
As someone who doesn’t take a ton of time to get ready (I’d much rather sleep in), I don’t have the patience for creams that take ten minutes to sink in, self-tans that develop at a snail’s pace, or any other product that comes with a wait time – no matter how good it is!
Thankfully, these sprays are a breeze to use and just as effective as their solid sisters. Spritz them on, and you’ll be out the door in seconds (not hours)…
RELATED: 9 of the best budget beauty buys
Does your make-up look fabulous in the morning, only to slide right off after a couple of hours? Try these tips for making your make-up last, and if all else fails, add a setting spray to your routine. It’ll keep your base in place.
- NYX Cosmetics Make Up Setting Spray (it comes in two finishes: dewy and matte)
- Australis Make-up Finishing Spritz (it’s light, breathable and comes in an adorable pink bottle)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($23, mecca.com.au) (formulated to keep your make-up looking fresh for up to 16 hours)
With all the necessary self-tan prep included, the process of fake tanning can be hella long. Thankfully, you can shave off a few minutes with a speedy spray formula.
- Bondi Sands Summer Bronze Instant Tan Light/Medium (for an instant and, more importantly, streak-free glow)
- ModelCo TAN AIRBRUSH IN A CAN (it smells like cocoa butter – need I say more?)
- Face of Australia Bronzer Instant Tan Spray (so your face matches your bronzed bod)
Spray body moisturiser
A spray moisturiser couldn’t possibly measure up to the hydration factor of a lotion or a cream, right? Wrong. The proof is in the spritz…
- Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser Advanced Strength (fragrance-free and great for sensitive skin)
- Yes to™ Ultra Light Spray Body Lotion (feels light as a feather, and nourishes like no other)
- Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion Cocoa & Shea (I’m a Palmer’s fan from way-back-when and this is one of my top picks)
Hydrating face mist
Every working girl should have one of these babies at her desk – especially in the winter months. It’s definitely not a replacement for moisturiser, but it’s perfect for a hydration hit in between applications.
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist (this Best in Beauty winner smells like heaven on earth)
- Kosmea Hydrating Rosewater Mist (can be used to set make-up as well)
- zk'in certified organic skincare Hydrating Mist (also good in summer to help soothe sunburn)
Hairspray’s obviously a quick foil for flyaways, but did you know you can use it in nine other ways? Being a bit of a klutz, my favourite one is to give slippery soles some grip before hitting the d-floor.
- Cedel Firm Hairspray (gotta love that jumbo-sized can!)
- ELEVEN Australia Give Me Hold Strong Hairspray (bh’s hair editor Astrid raves about this baby)
- L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Normal Strength Hairspray (an affordable, everyday staple)
These hardworking sprays can be used to sort out a whole range of beauty woes, from disinfecting minor cuts and scrapes to neutralising foot odour and cleaning make-up tools.
- Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Spray (tea tree oil is a beauty godsend. Nuff said)
- Elemis Tea Tree S.O.S Spray (treats problem skin and smelly feet).
- Manicare Brush Cleaner (to keep your brushes clean and your skin clear)
Do you use any of these sprays? Which kind would you most like to try?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.